Scrum Master with Healthcare and Claims
New York, NY
The Scrum Master manages small to large enterprise-level projects that have a department or enterprise-level importance, moderate to high risk and risk interdependencies, several interrelationships, and moderate to high costs associated with delivery. The Scrum Master supports projects of major complexity as part of a program team in support of higher-level project or program managers.
- Organizes and leads the project team through the entire project life cycle.
- Works with business, Enterprise Delivery Services and technology teams to ensure business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business.
- Conducts project estimate sessions with project stakeholders to drive project estimates and challenges estimates where appropriate to ensure accurate effort estimates by functional areas.
- Creates and maintains a detailed project plan for all aspects of the project based on delivery methodology and project impacts utilizing standard templates and partnering with the EDS Lead / Service Program team to secure tasks and dates
- Manages project execution, resource deployment and overall coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and to budget.
- Creates and manages the artifacts required for governance approval for medium to large-scale projects.
- Establishes and actively manages all project and key stakeholder expectations and relationships
- Manages deliverables from all functional teams ensuring they meet the defined timeline and quality based on project guidelines
- Deploys project management principles and techniques to establish and maintain control of the project.
- Tailors use of specific project management techniques to each assignment (e.G. Emphasizing risk management, or change management).
- Reports status to the Service Program Team / RTE, and escalates changes, issues, risks for resolution as needed.
- Collaborates with RTE, Service Program Team, and/or Procurement teams to acquire the resources necessary to produce the project on time and within budget.
- Achieves project objectives in conformance with Healthfirst project management methodologies and standards.
- Responsible for supporting all release management activities working in partnership with the RTE and Release Management
- Practices Servant Leadership to ensure successful delivery across all the scrum/delivery teams
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Healthcare experience, preferably Claims
- Experience in managing or working on projects across multiple departments using an SDLC methodology and Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Knowledge and/or experience with multiple Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pair Programming, Automated Testing.
- Experience with application and/or systems implementations or upgrades.
- Experience leading teams focusing on professional growth and development and organizational goals.
- Industry work experience in healthcare such as hospital, managed or long-term care, insurance, government or other healthcare agency.
- Experience working with one or more Medicaid managed care plan products, such as Family Health Plus (FHP), Eastern Benefits System (EBS) and/or Federal Employee Program (FEP).
- Knowledgeable of Department of Health (DOH) and Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations.
- Healthcare experience
- CSM a plus
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment a plus