Product Owner with data management experience
New York, NY
The Product Owner is an integral member of the project delivery team responsible for maximizing the ROI. He/she will work with the business to understand future state needs to inform and direct the project work. He/she is empowered by the organization to represent and make decisions for the end-users of the software being delivered. The individual will prioritize the Product Backlog and guide the roadmap for implementation. The Product Owner will iteratively work with the business and project delivery team to continuously improve the product and to address new challenges. The individual will be responsible for coordinating between the various businesses and IT teams to create end-to-end workflows that address both technical and business needs.
Project / Product Management
- Define & communicate the overall vision, objectives, goals and strategy for the new system. Build consensus and ensure alignment with the key stakeholders - business & IT and the project delivery team.
- Articulate the minimum viable product (MVP) needs.
- Build, socialize, prioritize and maintain the Product Backlog.
- Balance business priorities across multiple teams and negotiate commitments.
- Enable delivery of Product Backlog by presenting it to team: creating, owning and refining well-formed user stories and artifacts that describe and detail new products, features and services based on feedback from team, creating acceptance criteria with the team, and accepting stories as they are completed. Effectively communicate the use cases and user stories to project delivery team and various businesses.
- Lead work streams and discovery sessions with key business and IT stakeholders to define future state processes and workflows.
- Integrate industry best practices, end user research and other data into workflow and process design to ensure that we are maximizing efficiencies and ROI with new product while meeting end user needs.
- Support the further definition and prioritization benefits and goals and partner with the business teams to continually assess successes against them. Drive the collection of baseline and post-implementation data for key metrics and effectively use this data to improve product build.
- Be available as a resource to the project delivery teams through all phases of implementation – including development, testing and rollout.
- Represent the team throughout implementation to external stakeholders, leaders and other teams to ensure alignment. Provide Support to the Agile Program and ensure the team follows enterprise Agile standards. Provide feedback to program on enhancements for the Agile process.
- Coordinate with other Transformation portfolio Product Owners to ensure alignment and to build a cohesive end user experience
- Work with others (delivery leads, analysts) on the team to gather the appropriate depth of knowledge and requirements for desired future state features.
- Partner with business and technical stakeholders to drive innovative and strategic planning to gain short and long term ROI from the new system implementation/enhancements
- Champion change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas
- Communicate and build consensus amongst business leadership on a best practice future state
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and redesign that will allow us to accomplish objectives more quickly and at a higher level of probability
- Work one on one with each team member to ensure their growth and accountability to the team is achieved
Communication & Teamwork
- Effectively communicates relevant information to all levels of the organization
- Actively participates in organizational change management to ensure successful adoption of new processes and systems
- Partner with cross-functional business and IT teams to build, prioritize and define workflows and requirements
- Reinforces team approach throughout organization both on client projects and internal initiatives
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization
- Create dynamic and a spirit of teamwork and collaboration
- Compliment the broader team with high quality and partnership
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen stakeholder relationships
- All other related and/or additional responsibilities that may be required or assigned
- Create and maintain a healthy relationship with external vendors critical to project delivery
- Bachelor' s Degree or higher from an accredited institution with a preferred area of study in medical delivery, technology, business, project management or other associated field
- 1-3 years' technical experience in data management discipline
- Working knowledge of SQL, ELT/ETL
- Experience working in an Agile environment as a Product Owner
- Experience and track record of success directing the efforts of developers as a project manager or product owner in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple stakeholders, projects and tasks. Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts (preferably Agile/SCRUM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner professional
- Knowledge of the Healthcare industry
- Ability to translate varying inputs, needs, ideas, and suggestions into dynamic logical solutions and technical specifications that satisfy objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence with impact across functions and disciplines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-site team
- Experience developing, prototyping, and testing new processes, products, applications or services
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate amid cross-functional departments to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Skilled in Microsoft Office including Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio