Sr. Business Systems Analyst with API experience
New York, NY
Our client, a Health Insurance firm in downtown NYC, needs a Sr. Business Systems Analyst. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the elicitation and documentation of business and functional requirements for system upgrades or development. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will primarily work on large scale projects, which may involve other Business Sys Analyst or Sr. Business Sys Analysts. He/she will frequently work with Project Managers and Technical Owners to facilitate the execution of large scale projects. He/She will also serve as a mentor/supervisor/team leader for other Business Sys Analyst and Associate Business Sys Analysts. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, facilitate and manage teams of BSA' s or Associate BSA' s in eliciting and documenting requirements for large scale projects.
- Elicit and document business and functional requirements for software and system development, maintenance and enhancement.
- Interface with the development and testing teams to ensure a complete and comprehensive understanding of the needs of business stakeholders regarding projects involving software and system development, maintenance and enhancement. –
- Monitor the day to day progress of BSAs/Associate BSAs and provide mentoring.
- Participate in the improvement of the HF analysis process, providing insight and recommendations for changes across the analysis team.
- Act as leader to analyze and solve complex development and business relationship issues and demonstrate sound judgment to determine when to escalate issues.
- Review and sign-off on test cases
- Experience documenting technical requirements such as data and process mapping of the target system to the source system (Mule Soft API' s, SQL Server, ETL batches).
- Perform data analysis and reconciliation, experience with writing complex SQL queries.
- Solid background in requirements elicitation, documentation and management, independent of analysis performed as a programmer/analyst or tester.
- Experience with facilitating, process modeling, elicitation and documentation of all types of requirements (e.G.: business, functional, non-functional transitional, etc)
- Work experience with business analysis in an IT environment.
- Must be able to full-fill lead BA role on enterprise-wide projects and juggle multiple projects under tight time constraints.
- High aptitude for interpreting technical documentation, as well as, authoring or updating documents as needed. - Exceptional interpersonal skills and written communication skills to frequently interact with all levels of the organization.
- Experience working in a team environment, exercising independent thinking, problem solving and achieving goals and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in one-on-one and small-large group settings are essential
- Experience with API' s, Web Services, ETL processes
- Experience with configuration of COTS or SAAS
- Experience with Data Mapping, Process Mapping and Process Flow
- Prefer managed healthcare experience.
- CBAP certification
- Six Sigma training or work experience.