Sr Tableau Developer
This is an end-user and business-facing role & the candidate will have regular interactions with various end-users.
- Collaborate with end users, project stakeholders and support partners to identify needs, goals and work with them to design and build dashboards.
- Orient new users to Tableau features and capabilities.
- Advise end users on visualization best practices and performance optimization strategies and collaborate to design impactful dashboards and reports.
- Perform administrative and support activities across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting, and general systems maintenance.
- Perform development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code/reports, to testing and release/deployment.
- Experience configuring Tableau to support scaling Tableau usage to the enterprise – this may include operationalizing a governance framework for Tableau assets, developing reports to provide transparency around asset usage etc.
- Experience leveraging Tableau to deliver dashboards and reporting capabilities at enterprise scale.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Experience using tools like Alteryx, Tableau Prep and Excel for data preparation / lightweight integration & transformation
- 5+ years overall professional experience with at least 3 years working with data (data engineering, Data scientist, BI analyst, BI developer etc.)
- Proficiency with SQL – 3+ years experience in a professional setting.
- Experience designing and developing reporting solutions/dashboards in a professional environment. Demonstrated ability to apply best practices in visualization techniques to design meaningful and impactful dashboards/reporting solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with proven ability to influence with impact across functions and disciplines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines, identifying the necessary steps and moving forward through completion
- Must be detail oriented
- Skilled in Excel (more advanced analytical tools preferred).
- Bachelors Degree or relevant work experience