Sr Business Analyst with Healthcare
New York, NY
The Enterprise Business Analysis team partners with Project Managers, IT Domains, System Analysts, Enterprise Architects, Business Owners, and Subject Matter Experts to elicit, analyze, and document Business Requirements, User Stories, and Functional Requirements within Waterfall and Agile development methodologies that will be used by the IT Domain's Development and Delivery teams for creation and enhancement of products and services.
Enterprise Business Analysts represent the end to end business value streams across a given line of business, domain or segment. They are accountable for conceptualizing, eliciting, analyzing, documenting and communicating innovative solutions to meet or exceed business objectives. They are responsible for defining the scope and objectives of the overall business strategies, reconciling short-term solutions with long-term objectives and infrastructure strengths and formulating solutions and core system capabilities that will strategically drive efficiencies in the business.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Elicit complex requirements (business, functional, non-functional, and technical) using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis.
- Document and maintain requirements by performing requirements analysis.
- Perform upfront analysis to better present the EPICs and Features and the Program and Portfolio level.
- Facilitate requirement sessions within the SAFe Framework.
- Within the SAFE framework, collaborate closely with both the development team and QA.
- Closely liaise with the business to fully understand their initiatives and perspective and to verify that the User Stories reflect the same.
- Provide assistance in maintaining the backlog on SAFe initiatives.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team to assist in developing the solution.
- Write User Stories and determine the proper level of Acceptance Criteria.
- Verify that the Stories that are written are in line with the value identified.
- Own the requirements dealing with all integration points.
- Manage dependencies among separate trains.
- Work with the Business Units on process changes that occur due to the initiative.
- When an outside vendor is involved, work with the vendor to understand configuration of the application plus any customizations made and retain that knowledge.
- Utilize industry standard BPM principles, such as hierarchical decomposition, clear separation of business and systems to promote reusability of processes on projects.
- Elicit, develop and specify detailed requirements according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Deliver and maintain SDLC analysis artifacts as needed (including, prospectus, requirement management plan, requirements in ALM, user stories, use cases, etc).
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business and internal IT team members to analyze information needs and requirements.
- Collaborate with IT team members and subject matter experts to establish the implementation strategy to support the business vision.
- Develop an understanding of business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements.
- Perform enterprise analysis to understand the needs of the business as a whole, its strategic direction and work with System Business Analyst and Enterprise Architects to identify solutions to enable the business to achieve its strategic goals.
- Support junior team members in similar roles and job functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by appropriate management.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or related field or five (5) years of equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Five to Seven (5-7) years of experience in: Business analysis including eliciting, analyzing, and documenting business, system, and/or non-functional/technical requirements to include scope analysis, process modeling, data modeling, use case development, etc. & Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including developing and managing business and technical documentation for software development in the form of user stories, test cases, functional and/or non-functional specifications.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a senior or lead role.
- Previous work experience in the health insurance or insurance industry.
- Experience in Agile, with emphasis on the SAFe framework and Waterfall methodology.
- Experience with VersionOne
- SAFe PO/PM and or Scrum Master Certification.
- SAFe Practitioner Certification.
- Understanding of the Scrum Master role within SAFe.
- Understanding of the Product Owner role within SAFe.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture and how it meets the business' needs.
- Experience in Microsoft Project Server and Client ALM
- Experience working in a team environment to help drive assignments to conclusion.
- Research and information gathering skills.
- Ability to organize deliverables in order to accomplish multiple and changing priorities within specified timeframe.
- Strive to achieve high levels of individual and organizational performance.
- Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen stakeholder relationships.
- IIBA (CBAP) or other Business Analysis certification preferred