Senior Data Analyst
New York, NY
- Work collaboratively with business and IT to conduct a range of analysis to facilitate better understanding of the data. This could include –
- data discovery and profiling, assessing data quality, tracing lineage, investigating any questions and issues relating to the data including impact of business process and system on data / data flows and analyzing data to answer business questions
- creating data mappings for technical teams
- reverse engineering data mappings from code and other implementations
- Research and investigate data issues. Develop a deep understanding of the relationship between business process, systems and the underlying data
- Document and share learnings about data with all stakeholders. Participate and support data governance activities.
- Help end users find and access and effectively leverage data needed for analysis and reporting
- Research, propose, and be an advocate for process and system change that can improve the impact of the data over time.
- Present findings to stakeholders in a way that is intuitive and clear. This may be in a memo, through a dashboard or presentation.
- Mentor and coach other data analysts
- Bachelor' s Degree
- 5+ years' experience working with data (data engineering, Data scientist, BI analyst, BI developer etc.)
- Experience analyzing and working with large datasets.
- Proficiency with SQL – 5 years experience in a professional setting.
- Knowledge of data programing languages such as C/Python/R/Java and/or ETL tools like Informatica a must. Must be able to both read & understand code as well as feel comfortable using code as a tool for data analysis
- Experience using tools like Alteryx, Tableau Prep and Excel for data preparation / lightweight integration & transformation
- Demonstrated Critical thinking ability including the ability to define a problem, frame it for a broad audience and collaborate with others to formulate solutions
- Demonstrated ability to leverage visualization tools like Tableau to develop dashboards that are impactful and have a meaningful narrative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with proven ability to influence with impact across functions and disciplines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines, identifying the necessary steps and moving forward through completion
- Must be detail oriented
- Skilled in Excel (more advanced analytical tools preferred).
- Degree in Statistics or Mathematics
- Experience with statistical analysis software
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment with Development and QA staff
- Experience with Cloud Data Warehouses
- Proficiency with graph and noSQL databases required; expertise in SQL
- Knowledge of provider-sponsored health insurance systems/processes and the Healthcare industry