Scrum Master with Information Management (Data Integration, Data Warehousing, MDM Master Data Management)
New York, NY
The Sr. Scrum Master oversees broad scope company projects and manages medium to large enterprise-level projects that have department or enterprise-level importance, moderate to high risk and risk interdependencies, several interrelationships, and moderate to high costs associated with delivery. The Sr. Scrum Master supports projects of major complexity, as part of a program team in support of higher level project or program managers. This role has the primary responsibility to ensure Product Owners and Delivery teams have everything they need to achieve their project objectives.
- Organizes and leads the project team through the entire project life cycle.
- Works with business, other technology teams and Enterprise Delivery Services to ensure business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business.
- Conducts project estimate sessions with project stakeholders to drive project estimates and challenges estimates where appropriate to ensure accurate effort estimates by functional areas.
- Creates and maintains a detailed project plan for all aspects of the project based on delivery methodology and project impacts utilizing standard templates and partnering with the Program team to secure tasks and dates
- Manages project execution, resource deployment and overall coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and to budget.
- Creates and manages the artifacts required for governance approval for medium to large-scale projects.
- Establishes and actively manages all project and key stakeholder expectations and relationships
- Manages deliverables from all functional teams ensuring they meet the defined timeline and quality based on project guidelines
- Deploys project management principles and techniques to establish and maintain control of the project.
- Tailors use of specific project management techniques to each assignment (e.G. Emphasizing risk management or change management).
- Reports status to the Service Program Team / RTE, and escalates changes, issues, risks for resolution as needed.
- Collaborates with RTE, Service Program Team, and/or Procurement teams to acquire the resources necessary to produce the project on time and within budget.
- Achieves project objectives in conformance with Healthfirst project management methodologies and standards.
- Responsible for supporting all release management activities working in partnership with the RTE and Release Management
- Practices Servant Leadership to ensure successful delivery across all the scrum / delivery teams
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in managing or working on projects across multiple departments using an SDLC methodology and Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Knowledge and/or experience with multiple Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pair Programming, Automated Testing.
- Information management and AWS/Cloud experience
- Experience leading teams focusing on professional growth and development and organizational goals.
- Certifications such as PMP, Six Sigma Green Belt or LEAN.
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment.
- Industry work experience in managed or long-term care, insurance, government or other healthcare agency required.
- Experience working in large scale information management programs (data integration, data warehousing, master data management etc.) a big plus
- Experience working on initiatives involving Cloud development.