- Conducts project estimate workshops with project stakeholders to drive project estimates.
- Challenges estimates where appropriate to insure accurate effort estimates by functional areas.
- Manage project execution, resource deployment and overall coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and to budget.
- Creates and manages the necessary artifacts necessary required for governance approval for medium to large-scale projects.
- Actively manages all stakeholder expectations
- Manages deliverables from all functional teams ensuring they meet the define timeline and quality based on CMMI and SDLC guidelines
- Deploys project management principles and techniques to establish and maintain control of the project.
- Tailors use of specific project management techniques to each assignment (e.G. Emphasizing risk management, or change management).
- Organizes and leads the project team through the initiation, planning, execution, control, implementation and closure phases of the project.
- Reports status to the sponsor, and escalates changes, issues, risks for resolution when needed.
- Negotiates with resource managers to acquire the resources necessary to produce the project on time and within budget.
- Work with business, corporate project management office and technology teams to ensure business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business.
- Accountable to the business and IT function for successful delivery of the project
- Bachelor' s from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in deploying project management principles and techniques to one or more projects that span multiple functional departments (IT and Business).
- Subject matter expertise in at least one business and/or technical area.
- Several years general business experience.
- Several years Project Management experience.
- PMP certification
- Ability to design and lead the implementation of an efficient process for overall project management.
- Ability to interact with other process groups as required to ensure an integrated holistic view of the process framework.
- Demonstrated business and technical leadership for successful implementation of projects.
- Exhibit creative problem solving and leadership in the implementation of system life-cycle techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in executing and prioritizing a large number of tasks, and resolve issues and resource conflicts without aid from direct manager or project sponsor.