Director Application Integration and Application Development
New York, NY
The Director of Application Integration will play a key role in the success of our data integration strategy that directly impacts critical internal business processes and our mobile strategy. You will be responsible for driving the overall technical vision, implementation, and delivery of an " integration hub” to enable delivery of real time data via message queues and APIs, integrating on-prem, cloud and mobile applications. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while delivering within an agile delivery framework and supervising key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are important for this role for promoting ideas throughout the company. You will also be required to build and lead a high performing team.
- Lead a team of application integration and software engineers (full-time and contingent) to develop next-generation near/real time application integration hub
- Develop standards and guidelines data " producers”; and " consumers”
- Develop and manage governance around usage of data and capabilities in the " integration hub”.
- Collaborate with other leaders in IT and the business to prioritize work.
- Hire, develop, and retain extraordinary talent (full-time and contingent) to scale the program and meet customer demand.
- Lead the daily management of objectives, priorities, trade-offs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff.
- Champion SAFE Agile methodology and practices
- Supervise the delivery of high quality, well-written code that is quickly understood and easily supported by others.
- Partner with Product Managers and Program Managers to define roadmaps and sprint planning objectives.
- Coach team members to progress their personal and professional goals.
- Bachelors in computer science or engineering discipline
- 12+ years of management experience within IT application development environments, at least 3 in a leadership position
- 3+ years of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) middleware domain experience with a distinguished track record of supporting a digital business model
- 3+ years of experience delivering solutions for the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of integration and API concepts, patterns, and technologies. – microservices, message queues, SOA etc.
- Experience leading teams in an Agile software delivery environment.
- Demonstrable experience coaching and developing individuals to meet career objectives.
- Excellent communication and executive presentation abilities.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline
- Experience as a solution or enterprise architect
- Experience delivering application integration solutions to enable digital business models – finance, retail, healthcare, ecommerce (b2c / b2b)