Business Analyst with Digital experience
New York, NY
The Business Analysis team partners with Project Managers, IT Domains, System Analysts, Enterprise Architects, Business Owners, and Subject Matter Experts to elicit, analyze, and document Business Requirements, User Stories, and Functional Requirements within Waterfall and Agile development methodologies that will be used by the IT Domain's Development and Delivery teams for creation and enhancement of products and services.
The Business Analysts represent the end to end business value streams across a given line of business, domain or segment. They are accountable for conceptualizing, eliciting, analyzing, documenting and communicating innovative solutions to meet or exceed business objectives. They are responsible for defining the scope and objectives of the overall business strategies, reconciling short-term solutions with long-term objectives and infrastructure strengths and formulating solutions and core system capabilities that will strategically drive efficiencies in the business.
- Elicit complex requirements (business, functional, non-functional, and technical) using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis.
- Document and maintain requirements by performing requirements analysis.
- Utilize industry standard BPM principles, such as hierarchical decomposition, clear separation of business and systems to promote reusability of processes on projects.
- Elicit, develop and specify detailed requirements according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Deliver and maintain SDLC analysis artifacts as needed (including, prospectus, requirement management plan, requirements in ALM, user stories, use cases, etc).
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business and internal IT team members to analyze information needs and requirements.
- Establish partnership with stakeholders across the organization and act as liaison among the stakeholders for specific projects and operational tasks.
- Collaborate with IT team members and subject matter experts to establish the implementation strategy to support the business vision.
- Develop an understanding of business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements.
- Perform enterprise analysis to understand the needs of the business as a whole, its strategic direction and work with System Business Analyst and Enterprise Architects to identify solutions to enable the business to achieve its strategic goals.
- Lead assigned business analysis resources for large projects or cross-functional platforms.
- Assist in building a collaborative culture.
- Support junior team members in similar roles and job functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by appropriate management.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in:
- Business analysis including eliciting, analyzing, and documenting business, system, and/or non-functional/technical requirements to include scope analysis, process modeling, data modeling, use case development, etc.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including developing and managing business and technical documentation for software development in the form of user stories, test cases, functional and/or non-functional specifications.
- Experience working on a Digital team (mobile or chat).
- Experience in Agile
- Experience in Version One (Enterprise Agile tool) or PMF (Project Manager Framework)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science