New York, NY
- Develop features that will directly impact the app
- Testing the code that you write
- Participate in the estimation of features, compiling stories and participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Understand products from both a technical and business perspective
- Translate business requirements into elegant technical solutions
- Work with other developers and engineers to integrate back end system APIs
- 4+ years of experience in either Kotlin or Java or proven track record for a large product
- Knowledge of RESTful web services and API integration
- Knowledge of OOP, algorithms, data structures and design patterns (i.E MVC, MVP, MVVM, VIPER, Rx)
- Inquisitive, as in you want to know how everything works putting some gadget apart, etc.
- Willing and eager to learn
- Open to learn both iOS and Android - We try to do cross platform architecture so knowing both platforms helps.
- A critical thinker, able to respectfully challenge ideas and propose new ones.
- Familiarity with modern Android frameworks (Retrofit, Glide, Room, Dagger, androidx support libraries)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
- A personal GitHub account with sample projects; contributions to open source
- AWS Experience
- Experience writing unit/functional tests and working with test automation frameworks
- Experience with Agile development methodologies